This site is the creation of a team of funding partners, researchers, computer and educational specialists, translators, revisers and administrators. It contains information drawn from historical records preserved in public and private collections.
This website was made possible through the financial contributions of the following:
- Department of Canadian Heritage, Canadian Culture Online Initiative
- University of Victoria
- Office of the Vice-President, Academic
- Office of the Vice-President, Research
- Dean of Humanities
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Faculté des lettres et sciences humaines
- Camosun College and Camosun College Faculty Association
- Foreign Affairs & International Trade Canada
- Larry Hannant
- University of Victoria, Department of History
- University of Victoria, Humanities Computing and Media Centre
- Université de Sherbrooke, Département d’histoire
- Université de Sherbrooke, Département des lettres et communications, Programme de traduction
- Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Department of Theory and Policy Studies
- TC2, The Critical Thinking Consortium
- Hot House Marketing
Research and editorial team
- Larry Hannant was assisted by editorial consultation from John Price, Neil Burton, and Greg Donaghy, and support from Meleisa Ono-George, Neil Burton, and Carly Russell.
- Thanks also to the E. H. Norman Digital Archive, University of Victoria.
Françoise McNeil translated the documents from English to French with special collaboration from Lucie McNeil. Marie Gagnon proofed the translated texts.
Teachers' Guides were produced under the direction of Dr. Ruth Sandwell.
- Technical Advisor: Stewart Arneil
- Website and visuals design by Edward Gomboc of Hot House Marketing.
- Programming: Amanuel Moges
- Website Markup: Dennis Lee and Sunpreet Jassal
- Editorial and Database: Naomi Eichenlaub and Carolyne Blanchard
- Merna Forster, Executive Director
- John Lutz, Ph. D., Co-director
- Ruth Sandwell, Ph. D., Co-director
- Peter Gossage, Ph. D., Co-director
- Françoise McNeil, Translation Coordinator
Website Creation Date