St. Patrick’s Church and Cemetery
The St. Patrick’s parish formed in the 1840s when Catholics began to settle in the Township of Biddulph. As Catholics, the Donnellys became members of St. Patrick’s. The first church, erected in 1850, was replaced in 1858-59 with a larger structure that is still standing today, although it has been added to and renovated since that time. In the 1960s the cemetery was closed to the public for a time due to the interest generated by the publication of books that examined the murder of the Donnelly family who was buried at St. Patrick’s Cemetery after being murdered in 1880.